Lightsview Ride Like Crazy 2017 - Sunday January 15
Ride Like Crazy Inc. will continue the legacy of helping raise funds to fight cancer.
The route will be fully marked with signage. Police and Marshalls will be deployed at certain locations. The route includes winding roads, steep climbs and descents. Please take extreme care.
Download the route map (PDF)
(a) Full Distance: 107.05km commencing from the Unley Shopping Centre car park, Unley Road, Unley
- 5.30 am Riders arrive, submit their Form 1 Liability Waiver and receive their wristband
- 6.45 am Briefing
- 7.00 am Ride starts
Riders undertaking the full distance ride have the option of turning left at Balhannah and travelling along the Onkaparinga Valley Road direct to Woodside. This route will reduce the full distance ride by 16.23km (shortcut route distance is 90.82km). Participants simply nominate to undertake the full distance ride when they register and can then take advantage of the shortcut route on the day.
(b) Half Distance: 51.24 km commencing from the Woodside Oval, Nairne Road, Woodside
Transport to Woodside:
If you wish to start from Woodside and have your car parked at Unley, transportation will be available for you and your bike from the Unley Shopping Centre car park. The cost is $25 per person (payable during the online registration).
Transportation from Unley Shopping Centre to Woodside Start
- 5.30 am Riders arrive at the Unley Shopping Centre, submit their Form 1 Liability Waiver and are issued with a wristband (the wristband is the bus and truck ticket authorising transport to Woodside).
- Riders take their bike to the transportation trucks in Unley Shopping Centre car park and show their wristband
- 6.30 am Woodside start riders depart Unley Shopping Centre car park
- 7.30 am Bus and trucks arrive at Woodside
- 8.00 am Briefing
- 8.15 am Ride starts
Riders own transport to Woodside Start
- Pre 7.30am Riders arrive at Woodside, submit their Form 1 Liability Waiver and are issued with a wristband
- 8.00 am Briefing
- 8.15 am Ride starts
Riders will be issued a wristband on arrival and will be required to wear their wristbands at all times during the event in order to receive food and refreshments.
Release of Liability
The Form 1 Liability Waiver will be attached to the official Lightsview Ride Like Crazy registration receipt via a link. Riders are required to read and, if they agree, sign, date and have the form witnessed. The Form 1 Liability Waiver must be handed to a Lightsview Ride Like Crazy volunteer at the start of the ride. This will complete the registration process and riders will then be provided with their wristband.Download the Form 1 Liability Waiver.
Please ensure that your bike is mechanically sound and that you have a puncture repair kit available. Riders must also have the necessary safety equipment to ensure their wellbeing during the ride.
The event will be conducted on public roads. Riders will be sharing the roads with general traffic and other cyclists. Riders must abide by the Australian Road Rules and Road Traffic Act. Please note the following:
- all riders must wear an approved safety helmet correctly secured
- do not ride more than two abreast (unless overtaking)
- riders must remain within a bike lane (if applicable)
- for safety reasons, consider riding single file on country roads
- consider pulling over to the side of the road to allow for traffic to pass
- consider riding with another person at all times.
Remember - it is not a race!
Refreshments during the Ride
Drinks and food will be provided at Refreshment Stations along the route provided you are wearing your wristband.
Assistance on the Day of the Ride
Lightsview Ride Like Crazy will be providing limited mechanical back-up to riders. In the event of a breakdown (either bike or fitness) and you are unable to continue, support vehicles will be available to collect you and your bike.
Should you require any assistance on the day of the ride, please contact the Lightsview Ride Like Crazy rider assistance on mobile 0457 516 042.
The Conclusion of the Ride
Riders will return to Unley Oval and are invited to enjoy a complimentary lunch.
Jersey / Polo Distribution
All jerseys will be posted - please ensure you provide a correct mailing address when registering online.
Participants who register by no later than 11.59pm (South Australian local time) on Sunday 6 November 2016, will receive a rider jersey / polo prior to the event. Participants registering after this date will have their jerseys posted to them within 3 months following the event.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Lightsview Ride Like Crazy organising team via email at:firstname.lastname@example.org